Monday, January 10, 2011

Becoming a Yogi


Yes, it's true.  Although I recommend yoga to many of my patients I don't actually practice it on a regular basis myself.  I have found that it is impossible for me to do yoga at home from a DVD or from our OnDemand fitness channel thing.  I need to be in a room with others being pushed beyond what I thought my limits were.  For some reason I just can't do that at home with yoga.  I'm the kind of gal that likes being pushed physically by others and yelled at (think boot camp) to get a great workout in.  Now my treadmill at home will kick my butt...if I actually get on it.  I find it so boring though.  I rather be outside running or at a group class of some sorts. 

Exercise was always an important part of my life, but now life has just gotten so busy that it is hard to find time to devote to (mainly because I feel guilty because of all the million other things waiting to get done or read) the amount of exercise I know it takes to be not only physically healthy but mentally as well.  But again, that's what New Year's Resolutions are for, right?  Yes, for me it is!  After Christmas I always write down a list of New Year's Resolutions...and this year my list was long.  Many of them all circle around a main theme.  Take Better Care Of Myself.  This includes: "become more active", "no, don't have those cheat days", "get to your goal weight and stay there", "love yourself for who you are", "get grounded" and "practice yoga frequently and become more flexible". 

Near our office is a yoga studio called Amazing Yoga.  I've attend classes there before, but of course I always got to busy to continue.  Well, they are offering 2 weeks of unlimited yoga for only $25.  I could not pass that up.  So begins my journey of becoming a yogi.  You better believe I'll be at the studio 6 days a week, starting tonight! 

P.S. the picture above is not me...now. But it will be me by the end of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment