Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm Doing Things Different This Time...

Since I have done this Cleanse several times before, I decided I need to challenge myself this time around.  I get bored easily if I keep doing the same things over and over again, I like to spice things up a bit!  If you've been to our office you know I'm always looking to change paint colors, re-decorate, see what can be improved upon, etc.  I am always looking for change.  So for this cleanse I decided to not only incorporate a physical body cleanse, but also a mental/emotional/spiritual cleanse as well for the 21 day period.

I was listening to K-Love this morning on my way to the office and this woman Lysa TerKeurst was guest hosting and talking about her new book Made To Crave: Satisfy Your Deepest Desire With God, Not Food.  I thought...how fitting!  The whole point of “Made to Crave” is to help people find their ‘want to’- the spiritual and emotional motivation to make lasting changes.  God made us to crave more of Him, not food.  This is just what I need to move forward on my walk with God and to help me cleanse my life!  So I went online to Amazon to see about purchasing this book, and I found Craving God by Lysa TerKeurst which is a 21- day devotional challenge to accompany Made To Crave.  What is it about the number 21 that I love?!?  I am super excited to embark on this changed journey to greater health for myself.

If you feel you need to push yourself a little further on the cleanse, go ahead and make it what you want!  This is the direction I'm feeling the need to follow. 

Wishing you much success! =)

2 comments:

  1. Thats awesome Vanessa. God was definitely sending you a sign - works out perfectly with both being 21 day programs (that are meant to carry through a lifetime!). Let me know what you think of the book! ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole,

    I will definitely let you know how the book is. I started reading it yesterday actually, because I think the book will take more than 21 days to get through. But I am going to try and finish it within the 21 days. So far it has been enlightening. =)

    ReplyDelete