Monday, January 18, 2010

Standard Process Purification Program- Day 8

First let me start off by saying that I will never eat Tomato Soup at a restaurant or out of a can ever again. Over the weekend I made the recipe I found last Thursday and it was AMAZING! I encourage all of you to try it…you will not be disappointed. Of course I never follow the directions on a recipe exact so I again improvised a few items. I used water instead of Vegetable Stock, I didn’t use the crushed red pepper flakes (I’m not big on spicy), I used enough Extra Virgin Olive Oil to only coat the plum tomatoes, I used Organic Fire Roasted Tomatoes instead of just plain canned plum tomatoes, and honestly I didn’t really know what a food mill was (I had to look it up) so I put the soup in the blender (in batches) to make it the consistency I wanted. And it worked just great! I will be enjoying this soup for days to come.

Day 8 is here! Only 2 weeks left to go! Congratulations! Today you should have finished up taking the last of your SP Cleanse capsules and moved onto the SP Green Food. I think you will like taking the SP Green Food since you only take 5 capsules 2 times per day…it seems like nothing compared to the first 7 days.

This week I hope to conquer my fear of…Lentils. I have two packages sitting in my pantry that stare at me every time I open the door (that I just either ignore or move from one side to the other to justify my buying them). I have not had much success with lentils even though I have only tried to make them once. Actually, I have never had any dish fail as bad as my lentils (except my Chicken Cacciatore that burned in the crock pot…yes I said burned in the crock pot…another story for another date). So I went onto my beloved Food Network and found this recipe for Alton Browns Lentil Soup. In my mind he is a genius when it comes to food…so this has to be good, right? I’ve had the Lentil discussion with several patients and they make it seem so easy to cook these little round legume seeds, but I fear them! So, if I get a chance to make Lentil Soup this week I’ll let you know how it turned out.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Kristine for letting me know to get the beets at Sam's Club. I'm going out today to get them. Your recipe sounds really good too. I will try that. Thanks again.

    Dr. Vanessa, I too made the tomato soup. It was really amazing, to the point of savoring each spoon full. Good luck with the lentil soup. It is really easy, hardly any preparation and really yummy. If you were able to make the tomato soup so delicious, lentil soup will be a walk in the park. ( in comparison to the prep work and what to do for the recipe)

    Loving your blog... keep us updated on more recipes and how your lentil soup turns out!

    PS: Down 1 inch in my waist, 3 inches in my hips and 1 inch in my thighs, and 8lbs. lighter! I measure each week just for my journal, but I was pretty darn impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made Alton Brown's Lentil soup over the weekend and it is delicious!! Of course I substituted fresh ground pepper for grains of paradise, and fresh cilantro for coriander (I just didn't have any on hand). And still... amazing. My mom loves it too. I also cooked the lentils ahead of time and finally made the spinach dip with lentils instead of beans (see my blog for the links. Also very good. YOU CAN DO IT!!
    Another weight etc update... I've lost 9 lbs and 9 in total!!! DANG!! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete