Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Standard Process Purification Program- Day 9


The time is just flying by. Only 2 more days until we can introduce lean sources of protein to our program like chicken, fish, and turkey! By now some of you may really be missing meat and for others you might be finding it rather easy to give it up. As for me...I can go either way. I was never a big fan of a nice juicy burger or a tasty rare steak. Red meat just isn't for me. But oh how I do love chicken and turkey! So needless to say I am really excited for Thursday!

Remember that when buying meat choose organic, free-range, antibiotic-free and hormone-free if possible. Also, fish should be deep sea fish (e.g. salmon, cod, or sea bass), not farm raised.

On another note: I FOUND BEETS! You can only imagine my excitement as I walked up to the produce section of Giant Eagle and low and behold they actually had beets (for the first time in I don't know how long!). Everyone around me must have thought I was crazy because I had a huge smile and said "Yes! Beets!", but I didn't care what they thought! So I think I am going to steam one tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Dr. Vanessa... Leeks are on our approved vegetable list. I once had Leek soup and it was very, very yummy. Did you ever make it... or have a recipe for us? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never actually made leek soup, but I have had it before and yes it is very yummy! I looked for a recipe and all the ones I found contained white potatoes, cream, bacon, white wine, etc. A lot of things that are not on the approved list. That is one recipe I am not able to modify for fear it would turn out horrible! But if anyone else has a recipe please share.

    ReplyDelete